Car Hire in Mexico
Hit the road with cheap car hire in Mexico and discover this stunning country at your own pace. Economy Car Hire operates throughout Mexico and can provide a rental car at a number of popular locations. Don’t forget to check out our top 5 tourist attractions in Mexico below.
Economy Car Hire in Mexico
We know that there's a lot to consider when it comes to choosing your car hire company and that’s why we make it as easy as possible to choose and book the perfect vehicle for your trip.
Customer service has always been a key focus of our business. We work with a range of local suppliers and worldwide brands to ensure we offer you the very best in price and service wherever you plan to hire a car! Based in the UK, we offer 24/7 emergency telephone support to our customers should you need us.
Which airports do we cover in Mexico?
No matter which area of Mexico you plan to visit, we ensure it will be easy for you to travel around by offering car hire from a large range of airports as well as downtown locations. Here are just some of the airports we cover:
- Perhaps the best known and by far the most popular holiday resort in Mexico is Cancun which is easily reached from Cancun Airport, less than 30 minutes away. With the Caribbean Sea lapping on its shores, this is a fabulous location for a beach break under the hot sun!
- Mexico City Airport is your gateway to the country’s most famous city. This bustling metropolis offers plenty of attractions and yet the surrounding natural sights are easy day trips too.
Exploring Mexico by car
Mexico has so much to offer as a holiday destination and appeals to a variety of different visitors from couples on their honeymoon, long term travellers and families, or couples on their annual two week break in the sun! Here’s just a taste of the attractions and activities on offer:
- One of the most popular attractions in Mexico are the Mayan Pyramids located at Chichen Itza. If you book a rental car, you'll find this fascinating archaeological site is within very easy reach of both Cancun and Playa Del Carmen.
- Venture to the Mayan Riviera to visit the Xel-Ha Eco Park. It’s a stunning natural environment that's been transformed into an ecological park offering a variety of different activities such as snorkelling and wildlife watching all in one location.
- With stark white sand, perfect turquoise sea and excellent weather, Mexican beaches are wonderful and you’d be crazy to miss out! Puerto Vallarta and Tulum often take the top spot on any best beaches lists for very good reason but there are literally hundreds of beaches to choose from for fun or relaxation.
- If you can, travel slightly further afield to visit some traditional towns and villages to really get a feel for the Mexican way of life. You can also sample real Mexican food and drinks such as mole, puerco pibil, and chiles en nogada which are a world away from any 'Mexican food' you may have eaten back home. You may even come across el mariachi!
Our top 5 tourist attractions in Mexico
- Chichen Itza – This former Mayan city is dominated by the famous El Castillo (Temple of Kukulcan) pyramid.
- Zócalo – The main plaza in Mexico City overlooked by the stunning Palacio Nacional.
- Chapultepec Castle – This former royal palace is now the National Museum of Culture and a must see.
- Pyramid of the Sun – One of the largest buildings in Mesoamerica, it's still not really known why it was built.
- Tulum – The ruins of this striking city lie on the cliffs overlooking the Caribbean. One of the largest cities ever built by the Mayas, the Temple of the Frescoes and El Castillo are the highlights.
Find out more about Mexico
If you want to learn more about this wonderful country, have a read of our Mexican travel guide and our travel articles about Mexico. They are filled with everything you need to know. Never been to Mexico before? Have a look through our guide to driving in Mexico to prepare yourself.
Average Customer Rating for Car Hire in Mexico
Locations in Mexico